Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why It Rains in Seattle and First Day Jitters

When I would first tell someone that I was moving to Seattle, their initial response was something like, "Take an umbrella!"

We've all heard that there is a constant raincloud that hovers over Seattle, but from my recent experience it doesn't seem too bad. Yes, it rains a lot in Seattle, but at most of my days here have been sunny. Not the Florida kind of "sunny" that involves blisters and sweat. The sun in Seattle is more of a beam through the overcast, crisp sky.

It turns out that the reason why it rains more in Seattle than other parts of the US is because of the wind currents. Water evaporates from the Pacific Ocean and is brought inland by the wind. The water reaches the mountains and begins to cool and condense, turning into raindrops- pretty interesting!

_________________________________________________________________________________

I begin my job in a couple days and cannot be more excited/nervous.

I spent most of the past years working full time and finishing a degree, not leaving much time for fun. I remember waking up each morning to study before class, cooking a quick meal in the 30 minutes I had between school and work, and then heading to work a full shift until late at night. I would come home, study some more and then fall asleep only to wake up and do it all again the next day. Every weekend I would remind myself of my goals when I felt sad about working and doing homework while my friends were enjoying concerts, fun, or having enough time to really do well on their schoolwork.

The past few months have been the exact opposite. I graduated college and quit my job to pursue other dreams. I spent days lounging, sleeping and enjoying time with friends. At first it was amazing and I began regretting working as hard as I did in college, but then I got bored and lazy. I started feeling like I wasn't doing anything with my life. I would remind myself that I would be working very hard in a few months and needed to enjoy this time to relax, but continued to not feel myself. (However, time with friends was incredible).

Today my glow surfaced again and I feel ready to take on the world. I'm anxious to see how my personality will blossom as I gain confidence and excitement from working hard towads new goals.

Have a great day!

Karli

1 comment:

  1. Seriously SO PROUD of you!!! It was great to see you Sunday, I am glad we were able to visit for a little bit. My kids are a tad crazy, but haha I remember you at that age and think back and you were all just as crazy!!! You are going to do AMAZING things, and I know you'll find your grove up in Seattle soon! You are a wonderful woman and I am so glad to call you family! Great job sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete