Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Perfect Sunday

Table By The Window
Today was the most incredible day. It was if everything in the world was exactly where I wanted it to be. I felt such a glow today, proud of the person I am and excited for the goals I am working towards. I went to a great sermon at church, ran errands, had an incredible brunch, visited an outdoor market and spent the final hours of my night relaxing with some tea and smooth jazz.

Brunch was at of my favorite restaurants near my house: Preservation Kitchen. As I sat at a table set for one by the window, eating my homemade french toast, listening to the faint sound of jazz in the background; I realized exactly who I am. I smiled, feeling the glow exude through the stretched gesture of my lips.

Two words clinged to my thoughts as I lingered on my cup of post-meal coffee: elegance and eloquence.

Elegance, or dignified gracefulness, is definitely a word that I would use to describe the way I would like to be every moment of every day. I love that definition, "dignified gracefulness." It sounds so obscure, but is so simplistic at the same time.

The secord word that came into my head was eloquence. Merriam Webster defines this word as, "the quality of forceul or persuassive expressiveness." I love how this word sounds classy and sensetive, but offers a great forceful nature in the definition.

I reflected on these words and their meanings, realizing that they both represented the person I want to be in this world- someone who is graceful and respectable, but acts with strength. I will keep these words on my mind as I go out into each day, working towards my goals.

Moments from Saturday:





Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment