Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jade and Ben in Seattle: Day 3

On Jade and Ben's third day in Seattle we explored brunch, farmer's market, wineries, breweries and the international district.

We began our Saturday with brunch at one of my favorite spots- Preservation Kitchen. Continuing with our family-style meals, we shared french toast, smoked-salmon eggs Benedict and a duck omelet. I fell in love with this restaurant shortly after moving to Seattle. It offers such an incredible homey, local feel, while still having great food and service.
French Toast

Northwest Salmon Eggs Benedict

Duck Omelet


Second, we traveled to Redmond to check out their Saturday farmer's market. It was incredible!!! There were many vendors with so much variety of fresh foods and flowers. We all bought some locally canned, flavored tuna from a woman who was serving her jalapeno and dill flavored tuna on apple slices. It gave me really great ideas for my tuna.

Market

Market

Dog at Market


Third, we traveled into Woodinville to see Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery; the first winery in Washington. The winery offers a free tour and tasting, which was actually really interesting and delicious (although we spent a little extra for more wine tasting). Our favorite thing about the winery was the fact that families, friends and lovers were sprawled out on the grounds around the vintage winery. They were all lying on blankets, enjoying picnics and bottles of wine. It was so peaceful to see people spending the day outside. We couldn't believe how beautiful the day was- lots of nice sun, wish a crisp freshness in the air. And we found ourselves lying in the grass, letting the wine pass before we headed to the breweries.

Chateau Ste. Michelle

Picnics in the fields

Jade Tasting Wine
On the way to the breweries we stumbled upon Woodinville Lavender Farm. I knew Jade would love seeing this, so we stopped to see what it was about. We sat on a porch eating lavender flavored ice cream bars, overlooking the field of lavender. Our ice cream bars included flavors such as chocolate lavender, cardamom lavender and coconut lavender. It was spectacular.

Chocolate Lavender Popscicle with Lavender Fields behind

We continued by visiting 2 local breweries in the area- Triple Horn Brewing Company and Black Raven Brewing Company. We sampled lots and lots of beers, talking about which was our favorite. I found the Nothing But Flowers IPA  and the Northwest IPA at Black Raven as my favorites. They had so much excellent flavor.

We went to the international district for an incredible, large dinner. We ate fresh duck, pork, beef and dumplings. It was so delicious. The evening ended with friends coming to my home to play cards and to have a couple drinks. As I sat in my home enjoying my company, I realized how happy I was to be there in that moment and to enjoy my life where it is right now. I feel so lucky to live in such an incredible city with so many different things to do. I definitely feel like I'll spend my weekends exploring more wineries and breweries, or just going to the lavender farm with a book for a treat.





Our Feast

No comments:

Post a Comment