Friday, August 1, 2014

Hello Again



Happy August! 

I haven't been proud of my life the past few weeks. I haven't been taking care of my needs in order to have a stress-free work week. On the weekends I spend time running around, trying to find something to ease my stress and end up getting sad when I realize the weekend is over and I still haven't allowed my mind to relax. My eating and workout routine has been inconsistent and unhealthy.

I'm so happy to say that this morning seemed to be a turning point. I will be working days this coming week so I woke up this morning around 5:00 AM and went for a run. After my run I spent time enjoying coffee and researching some fresh recipes. It felt good to create an atmosphere where I felt in control and relaxed. The song, Hello Again played in my mind as I sipped coffee and watched the sky become brighter as the sun rose. It's been a while since I've been able to enjoy a morning like this.

I often have to take a step back and remind myself to stop being so hard on myself. It is such a blessing to have a natural motivation which inspires me to work hard, but sometimes it can be too much and I forget to tell myself I'm doing a great job. I am going to try to be better about my healthy routine so that I can have more moments like the one pictured above. It is in these moments that I connect to myself and relax, allowing for my self motivation to become inspiring instead of hurtful. 

Hope everyone is having a great day. Is it just me, or is anyone else getting excited about Autumn coming? I have already started researching pumpkin spice recipes.

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment