Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Living With Intention

Life is surprising and I found myself sitting in a classroom when a force struck me and I realized what I needed to do to live and work towards my personal treasure. It became clear that there are certain things that I need to do so that I will be able to have the right mindset to allow myself to reach my goals and live happily.

For me these things include actively reading, connecting with nature, being sporty, eating delicious, clean food and dancing/singing at least once during the day. I find that as long as I incorporate these aspects into my life then I usually have minimal days where I find myself unhappy and questioning where my life is going. In a way these aspects are what makes me, me. Everyone has certain things that they must incorporate into their lives to add utility.

Find what makes you, you. Find a couple things that add happiness to your life and make a plan to bring these into your every day. Don't make them unrealistic (never allowing yourself to enjoy a rich, chocolate mousse). Don't make them dependent on other people (working out with a friend). Make them all about you and what makes you happy. Bring them into your life so that you can smile a little more, encouraging others in your life to do the same.

If you are in a relationship then I encourage you to find things to do with your spouse/significant other each day. This can include a 2 minute phone call to talk about something that inspired you that day. Or maybe a 20 minute walk outside to connect with each other. Or maybe it is just a routine kiss each night before you fall asleep. It may seem silly, but these routine actions will bring you and your spouse/significant other closer together. Just make sure that it is something that adds happiness into the relationship and make sure that both people are on board. Make sure that it happens consistently so that your relationship will have a daily reminder about how special that person is in your life.

I mentioned in a recent post about living with intention. I believe that the words above describe how to begin living with intention. The first step is to incorporate things into your life that encourage you to live the life you dream of. After a while you will feel confident about where your life is headed and you will be able to bring more intention into your life by doing things to give back to others.

Here are some pictures of downtown Seattle during my week working at corporate.



Yes, this is in a downtown plaza at night





No comments:

Post a Comment