Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lessons in Management

Things have been pretty awesome at work lately. I think that I am starting to learn about the kind of manager that I want to be and I'm finding a consistent rhythm with it.

I have recently challenged myself to work on my level of composure for the next few weeks. My assistant asked me the other day if I had been okay the past couple of days. I was shocked that he would think I wasn't okay and I quickly responded that everything was fine. I later followed up with him and he said that I seemed a little stressed out recently.

I took this as a sign that I needed to work on my composure at work. My job is very stressful and I will always find upsets throughout the day but my team needs to know that I have everything under control and I need to do a better job about demonstrating that everything is okay so they can do their job without any concern.

To work on my composure I am learning how to respond differently by gaining all information before making a decision, taking some breaths if I feel stressed out and looking at the big picture instead of the moment that is causing stress.

I feel like this week has been better and I feel that I'll be able to improve on this skill throughout my management days.

Here are some pictures from a recent hike.







No comments:

Post a Comment