Sunday, June 7, 2015

Glow From The Inside Out



Hello,

I've always cared a lot about health and was raised by my Mother to understand that whatever I put into my body will affect how my body performs. I've recently been reading up on health that is specific to my body type. My body is insulin resistant, so I try to stay away from simple carbohydrates or foods that are high in sugar. The reason for this is because my body goes through a lot of work to create enough insulin to digest these foods and tends to keep an ongoing record of them on my waist-line.

What we eat EACH day is directly related to how we feel EACH day. I put this theory to the test a couple weeks ago when I only ate what I knew my insulin-resistant body would be able to digest easily. The truth is, eating healthy feels incredible! By the second day I was craving oatmeal with walnuts. Grandma jokes aside, my body knew what it wanted and it wanted something that would give me energy and make me feel alive (side note: I had frozen yogurt 2 times during the week. Being healthy doesn't mean giving up those little moments of pleasure!)

I believe that health begins with what we put into our bodies, but is comprised of so much more.

A few months ago someone asked me what kind of life I wanted to have in 5 years. I started realizing that my daily routine wasn't propelling me towards my end goal. This got me thinking about the life I wanted to have right now.

I've always wanted to live a life full of knowledge, activity, nature, health and friendships. I do a good job of getting outside, spending time with friends and staying active, but I saw that I had lost direction. I had gotten lost in the exhaustion of working long hours and being frustrated about the environment around me. I wasn't proud of myself or my current state. My glow was dimmed.

I am committing to live the lifestyle I have always wanted. I will give my body real nutrients and continue to find workout routines that really push me towards my health goals. I'll sacrifice that hour of sleeping in to wake up and work on skills that will allow me to progress in my career. I'll continue to read books that inspire me to think about things I've never realized before.

I realize how important it is to feel proud of yourself each day. This is the life I dream of. Why wait 5 years to live it? You can follow my progress on Instagram. I'll be periodically updating with the title: Project: Glow From The Inside Out.

How will you glow from the inside out?

Some of my glowing moments:

Little Si Hike

Writing in My Journal at Brunch

Plane Reading

Breakfast

Run At The Park

No comments:

Post a Comment