Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We Grow




A Recent Hike- This Is Real


I have 5 different posts about exciting food industry news that are ready to be published, but tonight I need to write one just for me. 

I came home after work feeling stressed, afraid and aggravated. I quickly put on some classical music and took a moment to myself. During my moment I read the most genuine post from a blogger that I have been following for over 5 years. And I am so glad that I did! I finished reading the post and something clicked inside of me. I felt so safe and pure. 

This excerpt really sums it up:  "I am not a great writer, so that can be scary to me. When I write longer posts I feel panicky before hitting publish. I would be the first to admit my lack in skill in that area. Especially my grammar! Oh my grammar! I write like a long, run-on train of thought. That’s who I am though. Fear never gets anyone anywhere. Being afraid of sharing, writing or a lack of skill just makes you frozen and stuck. Are there things you feel afraid of that are holding you back? Fear is a crazy, powerful thing that really can suck the life from you doing something you love." - JenLovesKev.com

What are you afraid of? What kind of pressure do we put on ourselves that stops us from feeling humble and being okay with just being where we are in that moment?

Right after I read this post a friend asked me how we respond when there is an obvious conflict. I simply responded by saying, "We grow."

And how do we grow? We need to be humble and confident that we will continue to rise up and push forward. Don't be afraid to be you and shine that onto the world. But also, never stop being modest and genuine towards the people and the Earth around you.

My heart is with all who have stumbled upon this post. Enjoy these pictures. They are moments that I've recently enjoyed by myself. Moments where I have grown.


Rooted Tree

This is where I do push ups at the park

My Bathroom Decor


Karli




No comments:

Post a Comment