Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Motivation





My friends and I have been discussing motivation and what it means to each of us. It is amazing how often people don't achieve goals due to a fear. According to Google.com, motivation is described as, "the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way." This is the thing I think we as humans don't follow through with. We forget that we have to create new behaviors if we want to achieve new dreams. This means having the courage and strength to be able to change at any moment to conquer your dreams. 

This theme was brought up again when I attended a special yoga event (pictured above). The studio I attend in Seattle hosted a yoga class at a local night club with a live DJ spinning tracks as we prospered through our vinyasa flow. The teacher of the class spoke about how if you want something, then you need to be it. You need to bring it into your every day and really own the process.

This idea couldn't have come to me at a better time. As I take this step out of Seattle and into San Francisco, I find myself wanting to develop myself and the reflection I give to the world. Change is hard, but it inspires growth. We need to evaluate what fears we have that are holding us back. We must then stand tall and tackle these fears, incorporating our new behaviors into our life to really strive for the life we are dreaming of.

So for July, I am going to take one moment each morning to remind myself of a one goal that I am working on. I'll hang a picture of it on my bathroom mirror and look at it each morning so that it is in the back of my mind as I live each day. Let's see what happens! 

By the way, does anyone have a photo of Channing Tatum that I can borrow? ;-)

Most of you know that Mt. Rainier inspires me. Here are some beautiful shots that I took recently.

Rainier in the distance

Rainier, like a cloud of hope


And just because-
Awesome cat mug

Oh, the places you'll go

No comments:

Post a Comment