Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summit Lake And Memories



Yesterday I went on the most incredible hike to Summit Lake with my good friend, Ranee. Located in Rainier territory, this hike is a low-key, relaxing hike with incredible views. I loved spotting Rainier poking his head out of the clouds as we drove up to the trail head. Unfortunately, it was too overcast by the time we climbed the mountain, so we didn't get a good view of him at the top.

While hiking, I thought about the incredible journeys I've had so far and how many more are yet to come. I thought about friends I've made, relationships I've had and how I miss many of them terribly. I felt moments of sadness and regret, but smiled with my memories. There are people who will stay in my heart forever. It is hard not having these people in my everyday life, but I am glad that I have these moments of brightness to think back on. My mom taught me that you can learn something from every single person that you meet. This has always held true and I feel so lucky to have learned so much from so many different kinds of people.

The future is not clear, but I do know that I continue to glow because of the ones I've met along my adventure. Enjoy these photos. They make me smile.











She is such a bright light

Rainier is behind those clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment