Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Journey Continues: Goodbye, Seattle



I'm sitting on the balcony of my now-empty Bellevue apartment enjoying the sunrise and sipping warm coffee. I can't help but be so happy that this is how I am spending my last moments in Seattle. I begin to think of things that I'll miss most about this rainy city.


  • Americanos are ordered more than regular coffee
  • Everyone says "gal" when they're referring to a lady
  • No one uses an umbrella
  • All the people unravel from their homes during the summer and spend their days outside
  • Coffee is not a beverage, it is a lifestyle
  • The sky's lovely overcast shades of grey
  • "Hella" and "no worries"
  • Ellenos yogurt
  • Randomly seeing Mt. Rainier


My mom always told me that she never worried about me finding my way. She said that as a child I would take charge and learn by doing, not by observing. Her favorite story is when I burnt my hand on the stove because I wanted to find out why it was turning a beautiful, bright red color. Now I am in my mid-20's, still placing my hands on beautifully lit stoves. As the years go by, my hands become tougher and more interesting with all the scars from previous burns.

I take this next step by choice, so that I can grow and become more than I am. As the years go by, I realize that my mom was right. I am not someone who will ever be observing. My heart is happiest when I am exploring the unknown and meeting all different kinds of people along the way.


“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” 

― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

So friends, stay with me in this journey and let's share wonderful food along the way.

1 comment:

  1. You continue learning and most of all you continue teaching. For that I am grateful. You are my sunshine, my sunflower and my life. I can't believe God graced me with you. Thanks Karli for each day and each moment we share. I love you...best to you...

    ReplyDelete