Friday, March 28, 2014

Birthday Thoughts

Hello Everyone!

My mom is coming on Wednesday to help me set up my house and to spend my birthday with me. I had totally forgotten about my birthday until my mom asked me how I wanted to celebrate. I am trying to decide between a quick trip to Vancouver or buying a nice, big bed. I am so excited to have someone to spend time with.

Thoughts About Turning Twenty-Three:

I've always seen myself as an older person and have always had older friends, so each year it is weird to remind myself that I am still so much younger than I feel. Last year's birthday was full of so much love from friends and family. I remember Jade picking me up for my birthday party and giving me such a lovely note and gift. We drove to my mom's house where we met with  friends and family for drinks and food. I went home that night feeling so happy to be where I was in life.

Life has changed drastically in a year, but love and support from my family and friends has stayed the same. I've experienced graduation from college, a new job and city, loss and so much happiness. I feel closer to myself than I have ever felt before. I know what I want out of life and I am learning how to achieve it. It began with allowing myself to take risks and telling myself that I can live up to my potential. I am proud of the growth that I have experienced, even if it came from hardship.

I have big plans for this year and I am excited to see what comes of it.

I know pictures are the only fun parts of visiting a blog. I don't have any at the moment, but here are some of me and the remarkable Lucy. I've never missed an animal before, so this is a bit strange, but I am seriously missing those furry girls and am now contemplating purchasing a kitty.

Our Last Goodbye



C'est la vie,

Karli


No comments:

Post a Comment