Monday, March 31, 2014

Regardless of Who You Are Or What You Have Been, You Can Be What You Want to Be

"Your current situation does not determine your future. Your future is determined by your decision to succeed." - Tony Robbins

"You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream" - C.S. Lewis

______________________________________________________

I spent the first week of my time in Seattle feeling lonely and sad. I began to notice this on the third day, when my appetite diminished and I found myself constantly calling my mom and Jade. I spent the next few days allowing myself to feel alone and negative. I became stressed by shopping for apartment needs, not really allowing myself to enjoy each second of being in a new city. 

On Sunday I decided to stop the negativity and to decide to enjoy this part of my life.  I realized that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life right now. I have the opportunity to dedicate most of time to developing myself and my career. I reminded myself that friends would come with time and that I had so many things that I wanted to work on to grow myself. 

Today I was reaffirmed that I am right where I'm supposed to be. Life showed me that everything was right on track and I didn't need to worry. With this reassurance, I was strong enough to go purchase all of the new furniture that I needed for my house which now gives me time to begin growing myself and settling into my new home. 

So many times I find myself facing negativity and not allowing myself to enjoy where I am if it is not where I want to be in the future. We must decide to succeed through any struggle in life so that we will gain the future we are working towards. Succeeding doesn't only mean getting by, but taking time to enjoy the journey. 

Salmon Crepe

Traffic in Seattle

Great Idea! 

Gustav Klimt at Ikea

My New Trader Joe's

Loving Scarves!!! 

My New Plates (Target)

My New Couch (Ikea)

Smile at someone today.

Karli


No comments:

Post a Comment