Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 1: Pike Place Market and Adventure

Hello!

I have survived my first day exploring the city. I began by taking a bus into Pike Place Market. I was so surprised and impressed by all of the vendors giving out samples of every type of food you could think of. I had samples of smoked fish, chocolate pasta, pastries, jams and so much more. I walked around the market for a few hours talking with vendors and looking at all of the cool shops (pictures below). I felt like a tourist being so excited to see everything, but then I realized that I live here now and can come to this market anytime.

I then decided to walk around the city just exploring different kinds of shops and the culture. I came across some very nice places and adorable little coffee cafes, where I had coffee and spoke to some locals. One thing is for sure- everyone that I have come across in Seattle is so nice. It is a big city feel, but everyone I have met is so welcoming and happy. Not to mention, the transit system is super awesome.

During my walk, I did one of my favorite things. This is totally nerdy, but one of my favorite things is to go into a well-known store and compare how things are different and similar to my store at home. I walked into a Target today in downtown and spent at least 45 minutes looking at how the merchandise is set up and why it made sense to do it that way. I don't understand why, but doing this is always enjoyable for me.

I feel so wonderful being here and so excited for my friends and family to visit. I wondered today when I would be able to feel comfortable enough with the city and begin to call it my home. It has been a while since I felt completely comfortable and "at home". With my whole life in limbo, I quickly began losing myself and holding onto other's lives and accomplishments. In the past few months, I haven't had my sense of confidence, or "glow".  I noticed today that I haven't felt this independent and happy in a while. I started glowing again, and am so excited to see what the future holds.

The pictures from my day are below. The order doesn't make sense, but I'll figure out how to order pictures sometime in the future.

Rain in Seattle

Jade's Next Christmas Present

Famous Mac & Cheese

Grilled Salmon

:)

Making Cheese

Soaked Shoes

Rain in Seattle

Coffee Shop

Crabs

Short breads (for you, Jade)

Gorgeous Sky Above Pike Place

Scary Fish

Smoked Salmon Sample

Smoked Fish

FISH! 

Almost to Pike Place! 

Produce

Flowers

Uhh..?

Karli

1 comment:

  1. Get some fiddleheads - they are like asparagus, very short season - I am so jealous I am ready to get on a plane and cook some up!

    ReplyDelete