Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Welcome to A Sunflower in Seattle!

I am creating this blog to share the exciting adventures that I will experience as I move from Gainesville, Florida to Seattle, Washington to pursue a career with Amazon.

This blog will feature a mix of posts related to food, fashion, business, careers, friendships, outdoor adventures and other life topics. I wanted to give my friends and family the ability to keep up with my everyday life as well as give myself the opportunity to journal about my new experiences and motivate others to strive towards their dreams.

I am extremely scared to move across the country to a place far from anyone that I know, but I am also excited and ready for challenges. Some interesting things I am excited to do in Seattle include:

1. Get a library card-- Seattle is ranked the most literate city in the country. The Seattle Public Library system has the highest percentage of library card-holders per capita in the country.


2. Go to the market. They have one of the largest farmers markets around-Pike Place Market. I cannot wait to see what kind of vendors they have.

3. A tour of Boeing- Future of Flight. I think it will be so amazing to see the industry of planes and how they are made/where the industry is going.

4. French Fest! There is a festival for French-speaking people. I am sure there are lots of amazing people here as well as delicious food. 


5. Get outside. One of the things that I keep hearing about Seattle is that they have many different outdoor activities such as parks, beaches, mountains, etc... I am cannot wait to put on a sweater and go hiking. 


Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do in Seattle or tips for moving across country/ beginning a new job? 


Until next time,

Karli

5 comments:

  1. Sooooo exciting!! This is best time in your life to do this!!! I have no doubts you will ROCK IT!!! What is your position??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be managing a warehouse for the Amazon Fresh division (online grocery).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to start a brunch club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you, Karli! A fresh start is always exciting, scary, and well.. refreshing. I'm sending my best thoughts your way! - Martin S
    (auto correct in my first post changed your name to Karl, we don't want that :-) )

    ReplyDelete