Sunday, March 16, 2014

“Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get back up.”

There is only one more week until I move to Seattle. Nerves are beginning to develop as I realize how many things I need to do before I leave. Sadness sweeps in as I realize I will be leaving all of my family and friends, but leaves as soon as I think about the new and exciting life that I will be living (this process continues over, and over).

It is such a wonderful and scary moment in life when you shed the person that you have been for the past years and begin to develop into the person that you will be for the next chapter of your life. In November I began realizing that I was growing when I started having new interests for my life.

I sit today and realize that in the last few months, I have grown so much in my personality, interests, career and view of myself. I think of the person I was, and prepare for the new person that I will become. The only way I am preparing for this is to hold onto the idea of the person I want to be in this world and the effect that I want to have on life around me. I have taken leaps and fallen, but continue to pick myself up, ready to fall again. Sitting at the table now, I realize that we are supposed to fall in life. We are supposed to make mistakes and cause pain for ourselves and sometimes for the people around us. Without this, we would have no way of learning how to do it better the next time. No chance of growing and becoming something more.

Whether it is a career, class, personal goal, or relationship, don't be afraid to mess up. Just come clean to yourself and the others around you, and realize that you now have the opportunity to do better.

I am keeping this in mind as I continue to be in situations where I need to remind myself that this uncertainty is temporary and will be gone as long as I continue to push forward.

Thank you to all of the people in my life that allow me to fall and then encourage me to do better.

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment